Since Bridge Direct announced that they the master toy license to do action figures for The Hobbit, we have all kind of been in a holding pattern waiting to see what they had in store. They weren’t exactly a household name for most of us. The only reassurance we had was that they told us they were well aware of what Toybiz did and were looking to go in that direction as well. The other assurance was that they make excellent Justin Bieber dolls.
So while they had two things going for them, we hadn’t seen anything until now. So without further ado, I present to you Bilbo, Gandalf the Grey, and Thorin Oakenshield:[nggallery id=55]
So what do you all think? I think they look pretty close to what Toybiz did so I will give them that. I’d like to see some stronger face sculpts, but at the same time it is early and this looks to be Bridge Direct’s first foray into the licensed movie action figure market. There is definitely potential here.
There will be both a 6″ line and a 3 3/4″ scale line. The 3 3/4″ scale line will concentrate on large battles, vehicles, beasts, etc.
Also the SDCC exclusive Invisible Bilbo now has some snazzy packaging:
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Hasbro: Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-4 Optimus Prime - April 27, 2017
- Mattel DC Multiverse King Shark Series Jim Gordon Batman Review - April 23, 2017
- Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Review - April 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages:
- MOTUC Release Dates and Checklist
- Hasbro: Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-4 Optimus Prime
- Blizzcon 2016 Cute But Deadly Blind Bag Series 2 Review
- Unofficial Third Party Blizzard Overwatch Widowmaker Action Figure Review
- Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Review
- Hasbro Marvel Legends Walgreens Fantastic Four Invisible Woman Review
- Toy Fair 2017: NECA Heroes of the Storm and Team Fortress 2
- NECA Predator Trophy Case Skulls Checklist
- Dave's Top 11 NECA Figures of 2016