Welcome to Holiday Season 2012! You may be out a lot this next month shopping for your loved ones, not so loved ones, and obligations because they are family. You, like me, may also use this time to grab some new toys for the collection. Why wouldn’t you? There is some cool stuff out there like all the NECA Toys “R” Us exclusives! Now while you are picking up your Prometheus Trilobite/Engineer two pack maybe consider getting another little toy to donate to Toys For Tots. It doesn’t have to be anything big or expensive, just something to give a less fortunate kid out there a little extra Christmas cheer this year.
This is what Geeks for Tots is all about, they just want to make sure that people are giving to their Toys For Tots if they are able to. In fact they encourage this practice so much that they are holding a contest to get the word out. All you need to do is check out their site, then go run out to your closest Toys For Tots donation station, and snap a picture of yourself donating. It’s that easy. They have rounded up a great group of sponsors from around the net who have donated prizes to everyone that participates.
So please go check out the Geeks for Tots site and enter into the contest, or just drop them a line letting them know they are doing a good thing.
If nothing else just think about giving to a local Toys for Tots and give a kid whose down on his luck something to smile about this year. Thanks!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Win Toys For Helping Tots with Geeks for Tots!
11/26/12: Geeks for Tots is back once again to promote giving this
holiday season. Geeks for Tots is a contest that encourages donations
to the Toys for Tots.
There are far too many kids that won’t get gifts this holiday season
and the Toys for Tots program is here to help. Toys for Tots takes new
toys and distributes them to kids in need. To encourage donations to
the Toys For Tots program, the Geeks For Tots contest is offering
prizes to those who send in proof of donations to Toys for Tots.
The Prizes up for grabs are:
• Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber from Brian’s Toys
• Gift cards to Backstage Toys
• Gift cards to Luke’s Toy Store
• Gift cards to Luke’s Toy Store
• Lots of figures from Fantastic Plastic Toys
• Gift cards from 80sTees.com
• Gift certificates from Nerd Rage Toys
• New and vintage figures from Pixel Dan
• 30th Anniversary G.I. Joe Skytriker from Dinosaur Toy Vault
• And more to come!
To participate in the contest, a contestant has to either send in a
picture of them donating at a Toys For Tots drop off box or by
forwarding copy of a receipt from an online cash donation to the Toys
For Tots website.
More details like where to send the photos and receipts, please visit
GeeksForTots.com (Link: http://www.geeksfortots.com). And the official
rules can be found here. (Link:
About Geeks for Tots:
Geeks for Tots is a grassroots contest started with the simple goal of
encouraging donations to Toys for Tots via a contest. This is the
fourth year of the contest. Previously it was known as “Joes for
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Mattel DC Multiverse King Shark Series Jim Gordon Batman Review - April 23, 2017
- Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Review - April 19, 2017
- Hasbro: Star Wars Celebration 2017 Black Series Reveals Rundown - April 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages:
- Mattel DC Multiverse King Shark Series Jim Gordon Batman Review
- MOTUC Release Dates and Checklist
- Hasbro Marvel Legends Walgreens Fantastic Four Invisible Woman Review
- Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Review
- Toy Fair 2017: NECA Heroes of the Storm and Team Fortress 2
- Unofficial Third Party Blizzard Overwatch Widowmaker Action Figure Review
- S.H. Figuarts WWE Stone Cold Steve Austin Review
- Hasbro Marvel Legends Toys R Us GOTG Groot Evolution Review
- NECA Predator Trophy Case Skulls Checklist